Social Icons

Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Words of comfort can sometimes be too hurtful

We as humans know the power of words. They can inspire, condemn, give us strength or sometimes give us grief. But, there just some words and should I say parables and tidbits of wisdom that do the opposite of its intent; in short it just annoys many or it can be just me. Maybe, it is just my cynical nature to be as such. Which does make it the proper course of action; when I usually hear these anti-soothing words, I usually get into sarcastic mode or just really cold factor 666 and speak such a retort that well not many would want to say anything consoling. And here, my people, are pretty much the trash de la trash that just makes me want to strangle the person who not only said it to me but the moron who conjured up the words of vile false comfort. Prepare for vileness of remarks that will cause most eyes to bleed in fear…

(3) If you love someone, set them free. If they come back it is meant to be.

Really, you kidding me with this one right? No I will keep them incarcerated in my love prison. If I put this much time and effort in just to let them go. And furthermore, if they don’t come back then what? It was a total depletion of time, money and mental necessity that I could be spending on strippers and beer. It’s not meant to be so thank you for killing x amount of months trying to see if this was something that will last. Thank you for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts and an invitation to the ex and the new love interest’s wedding. We are registered at Bridezilla-Groom. And what happens by some grace of divine intervention (and constant begging maybe) they do come back. Yeah it’s meant to be but you will have that lingering amount of doubt. What happens if they get a wild hair and need to leave again? I say let their ass go and keep them gone. Cause if they have to leave in the first place it’s pretty much a done deal and grab the remote and watch your shows you wish to watch. If they love you they will stay if not then they never cared to begin with. To hell with them and don’t let the door hit you where the rat should have bit you.

(2) Don’t worry it’s their loss.

You know how many times, I wish I can take those words and hang myself with them. I want to ask those folks, really I lost. So why do I feel like the loser. And the winner which is them, feel they made out like a bandit doing whatever and not worry about it. Yeah their loss, while your ex-boyfriend or husband is balls deep in some woman or your ex-girlfriend or wife is getting balled deep by some stud that is pretty much better than you. Let’s face it if they wasn’t you would sure as hell not be in the situation you at; probably mad, asking a billion questions playing the eternal “what if” game; while they are flaunting their newfound freedom with a new love or sex toy underneath their arm. So who is the loser here in this contest of amore? And the grand prize…the loss of your own dignity and self-worth because it’s been walk over by someone who feel you are free tennis racket prize that Bob Barker gave you and you wanting the new car – noone gives a damn. Their loss…HA! No it’s not their loss it ours for believing such hogwash words like this. Excuse me while I go vomit up least years Thanksgiving dinner.

So I wonder how many of you at home players can see the pattern that is being created by this blog entry. Yes, there is a method to my madness and sadly, few can even comprehend it. Even fewer can relate. But, for those who can understand this and have any grasp of how I can probably feel, then my hats out to you. Welcome to the true cynical world of me. Have a drink and read the finally piece of de-comforting sentiment:

(1) It is better to have love and loss than not to have loved at all.


Those 15 words have about as much meaning and sense as a fire engine with gasoline instead of water. Where does it say in the handbook of love that it is good to have something in your hand and snatched away? So it’s good to enjoy it for a while and poof not there. It’s about as logical as having a free meal from a five-star restaurant with the best in wines only to be taken away after one sip and one bite. Oh yeah it’s nice to savor it but you don’t need to enjoy it for something long lasting. What a load of bovine fecal matter…oh wait let me call it like it is…BULLSHIT!!!! I don’t buy that. It’s about good to never have it because then you don’t know what you miss or loss on. The emotions and feelings will not be as potent or as painful. Yeah many can say it will be just practice for the next one to come along. However, for some this could be it for them, what of them? And those who are too bitter and angry to even take a chance? I swear. I would gorilla punch someone who told me after a breakup that was not my fault. I think the phrase should go as thus: “It is not good to have love and lose it and better to not have it snatched after obtained.” You don’t want to have a million dollars only to be taken away before you can even spend it on cheap liquor, hookers and blow right?

So now my people, the lesson for today is to watch your words in what you say as comfort. Hell don’t even say any words a hug a baseball bat and an alibi works wonders. Just remember watch what you say next time and maybe you won’t have a pot of hot grits coming in your direction.

SAW

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text