Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

So nerdy guys are in now...

 


  I am seeing all these videos of women out here saying that nerdy guys are underrated and slept on, and you need to be dating them. And I been looking at so many responses stating that most of these women are straight capping or lying for clout. While I know many would say yes, it is cap. I know a few of them sincerely are loving us nerdy guys. And to them, I say thank you and bless you for giving those dudes a genuine shot. However, the others, I know that it's just a bunch of bullshittery. 

I know that those so called "Nerd" types they are wanting are those tall, attractive, tattooed guys that maybe wear glasses and watch maybe one anime and build Legos and whatnot. To be honest, I think they think that nerd prototype of nerdy men they want are the Henry Cavil (who plays Warhammer) Vin Diesel and Joe Manganiello who play D&D or Ryan Reynolds for the most obvious of reasons. They want those attractive guys that have some sex appeal but have a bit of embrace of being a nerd. But those who been knee-deep into it, being ridiculed in school for liking comics, anime, etc. were laughed at and still laughed at to this day because we don't have a six-pack, or tatted up and all that jazz is a bit tiring, and I know many of guys like-minded are seeing the bullshit for what it is. 

I am not one to try to gatekeep about who dates who in the nerd lifestyle; I am only asking that you be honest about it. Because I know that maybe 85% that say they do are lying out their heads for some type of clout or give some poor sap a very false hope. Many of us guys are over-cautious by nature because we know the traps are out there that we try to get some feelings only to get burned and played. It's why we don't date in the first place. It's hard to trust, hard to believe because many of us have our war stories of how we try to find some woman who has the slightest interest in us, see our existence and run away back to the gym rat or something. I know many of those so-called nerd lovers are psy-ops who probably have an Onlyfans or something. I know not ever woman has that ulterior motive or some sex-worker website and is genuinely interested in us. Then there is the classical defense saying, "Oh there are those who are into nerdy guys who are not usually on the cover of those dime store romance novels, they just not into you because of your personality." I agree, unattractive is unattractive regardless of your situation, but sometimes the circumstances at the time does bring out some things or say things that are normally not what we say or believe. It's just that for some long, we been slept on, ignored, laughed at and ridiculed that now suddenly a spotlight is shone on us, and we have to ask ourselves is this legit, or cap. Most of us are overthinkers by nature and we have to ask ourselves billions of times is this true or not. 

Is it the cynic in me that is just seeing the pessimistic part of everything? Yes, but there is too much evidence to back up the claim too. So, when I see these individuals say they wanna date a nerdy guy, I know it's the ones that you don't expect. Hell, most think they are tall, skinny guys who probably watch Star Wars and plays Magic the Gathering and have a predisposition of being secretly hung like an anaconda or something. Or that gym guy with tatts and a beard that maybe has an insane number of Legos. To each their own, I guess. But some of us don't fit that mold and would like some sense of acknowledgement too. Hell, most would think I don't even fit the nerd culture. But let's see.

Love Anime (Can name shows that isn't Naruto, Bleach (top 5 favorite btw), Dragonball or One Piece)

Plays Warhammer (even before Henry Cavil told the world he did)

Plays Magic the Gathering

Collects Gundam Models 

Reads Sci-Fi

Loves Star Wars 

Loves Science/Astrophysics Shows

Hardcore Gamer

Love Conspiracy Theories 

I Play Massive Amounts of Trivia Games

Read Loads of Comics 

yeah, those things I am into but not 6 foot, not skinny cause I like to eat, and you know the rest. 

I guess I shouldn't care about all this, but I guess it just rubs me the wrong way to see people giving out false hopes to people like us for the simple fact that we have a different lifestyle that all of a sudden is supposed to be cool when less than 10 years ago it was frowned upon. I rather stay alone with my nerdiness than fall into a trap. Just safer that way. 

SAW

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text