Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Wearing false smiles...

I can only imagine just how most of you are trying to understand that title. Don't worry, it will all be explained in its due course. It was just a title that sums up what this entry is about. The truth is I was very reluctant to write this - yet, since I know many would never digest its true content - why the hell not.

Question before the board: Why do we all wear so many false smiles for others? The reason being for this is why when others have such good fortunes going for them and wish to share it with those in their circle, why do so many only throw on a forced smile of joy - especially when in their own world, their own lives, they have nothing to smile about? I am not saying those friends that are simply haters in disguise. Nothing such a sinister sort. However - just do a pretend gesture of insincere celebratory joy for others blessings, good luck, whatever. Is it truly hard for one to be happy for others when deep down in their own little world there is little or nothing to be happy about in themselves.I guess it is easier to wear a false smile and do the required amount of gestures and bow out.

I know before anyone else throws out the classical and every present counter-point, because I know many have it already uttered in their minds. Let me give a per-emptive response right now to your question. No, it does not matter if the role was reversed. If one wears a false smile and I knew would it bother me. Not at all.

I don't think it's wrong wearing a false smile for others. If only to shield our own pain in our own lives. I know that it is said to be happy for others blessings is to be blessed yourself. With all due respect to those who believe that - and no offense to those who believe it. That is utter and pure NONSENSE!!!! I don't believe that for any second or any minute.

I pose an example to you. If you have someone gets their dream job and know you been out trying to get on board with something. Sure it's good to know you can get a hook-up and your foot in the door. But, do not think for a second that it will not be in their heart of hearts that now I am owed my own opportunity by someone else and not my own effort. How is that for one's own self-worth? I know we all need help in the world, in our own ways we need a hand to extend to others. But, isn't it not as rewarding to know you did it on your own too. Is it not said those are helped best are those who help themselves? A bit paradoxical don't you think?

Do we wear these false smiles because we do not truly care? Of course not. It's not wrong to try to express our happiness in those close to us. Yet, how hard is it when we don't have it in ourselves? Would I expect others to do the same if the role is reversed? Well, thing is I am already expecting some to. Would it bother me? Not in the slightest. Because, I would know and understand.

So today, I wear another false smile. Not for I do not care for ones happiness. But to mask our own pains. So please forgive those that have it and never speak of it. It's just we not in any good place for other's joys when we have none in ourselves.

SAW

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text